Friday, October 5, 2007

Black Children Missing in Alarming Numbers

This is a news piece from May 2006, but I notice that it's still very much the case. I pull a lot of the missing children from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children website.

I notice that the numbers of missing black children is huge. I noticed because you can run searches based on race. I almost always search for the most recent cases, so I run searches for case where the child has been missing for a month or less.

I always get a page full of faces of missing black kids, but from time to time no results for minority children of other races. Of course, I wish for no results at all, but it's profoundly disturbing to see how many kids who look like me go missing on a monthly basis.

Anyway, here is the link to the audio report: Black Children Missing in Alarming Numbers

4 comments:

pinkcryptonite said...

I SEEM AS IF BLACK CHILDREN ARE UNIMPORTANT HERE IN THE STATES. MY NEPHEW HAS BEE MISSING SINCE APRIL 16,2008 I'VE BEEN ONLINE ALL NIGHT AND NOTHING IS POSTED ABOUT HIM WHAT IS HE NOT IMPORTANT?

Regina said...

Everyone is important.

However, if you've not noticed, I've not updated the site in months. That's simply because there are people who are doing a much better job at it than I was. My co-bloggers are missing in action and this is something very difficult for me to be on top of as I don't live in the States. I need help and I didn't get it. So now it's a place where people can get to sites that are more active regarding missing minorities.

Go to the Black and Missing blog. Let her know the details. I've linked the site as well as her latest posts on my sidebar, but just click the link to get to her site.

The Missing said...

I care, the Lorad has blessed me with the talent and means to help and I have worked on minority cases and I am featuring these cases on my internet missing childrens program The Missing. I am currently featuring the case of Adji Desir and I have featured cases of Diamond and Tionda Bradley, Sean White, Asha Degree, and Alexis Patterson. I CARE AND I want you guys to know that I am here to help. I would like for you to post our site and share it with your friends, we may not be main stream media but with followers like yourselves we can grow and with that growth comes exposure for these children and their families.
Please visit www.themissingtv.com Thank you and God Bless.

Anonymous said...

The LORD sorry and may he forgive for the mistype. Prays to the Lord for all.